Here is a fast guide howto move an existing steam installation with games included.
- Copy your “steamapps” -folder. Usually c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps to another disk/place, I had an extra normal disk as backup.
- Uninstall steam trough windows “install and remove…”. Check in case there are some folders left, remove them in that case.
- Download and install steam again, and in this case to the new disk. Run it once so it can update itself.
- Then move the “steamapps” -folder you backup in step 1. Into the “steam” folder you just installed.
- Then run steam again and for every game you had install: rightclick and click “properties” -> tab: local files -> verify integrrity of game cache.
- Finished. Now you should be able to play as normal.