It was very hard to find those files without having to register to different homepages and downloading fucking/bloatware to get them. But after a few hours searching I find them =)
So I thought I would write it down how I upgraded my Huawei P7 to Android 5.1.1 and EMUI 3.1. You need a program that are able to handle zip-files, which every OS can =) And it will be easier if you have a memory card, so you can transfer the files faster and easier from your computer. And as always BACKUP your stuff before. I used the backup option given to me while upgrading. Everything worked flawless for me and every program worked afterwards. You might need to upgrade some of them when you are finished.
This works with west EU phones, . I have a phone for Swedish networks and operator Telia. My firmware was: P7-L10_V100R001C00B133SP01, if you have another version other than P7-L10 then I can’t tell if its gonna work or not.
- I started with standard version which my phone had from factory (P7-L10_V100R001C00B133SP01 and android 4.4.2 with EMUI 2.3). Unzip the file, download link futher down. And copy it to a memory card in your phone, in a folder called “dload”, <- important, without the quotations. And put the UPDATE.APP file in that folder. Go to settings->update->local update, I would also recommend doing a backup, if you haven’t already. If you already have this version you can skip this step. Otherwise you can download the file here
- You need to upgrade to and older version before going to the 5.1.1. This upgrade updates the EMUI to 3.0 but still the same version of Android 4.4.2. Firmwareversion: P7-L10V100R001C00B623. Unzip this file and do the same thing as you would in step one. Copy over the UPDATE.APP file to a memory card in your phone etc… You can download the file here
- Now you can upgrade to the newer Android and EMUI version as well. Download the file here , then repeat the installationsteps from above.
- Now you should have Android 5.1.1 and EMUI 3.1. So far, after, about 1,5 week I haven’t had any problem at all.
I recently found a newer upgrade, I’m not sure if you can go directly to it P7_L10C900B852_eu_channel_SW. But I would recommend following the 4 steps above first and check that everything is working. And then following the step here to uppgrade it further.
- Download the file here
- Then follow the installationssteps in first step above.
- Again, take backup before upgrading.